Click here for more information on the IBFRA 2013 Conference.
Save the Date!
INTERACT Transnational Access call for research proposals in boreal and arctic systems will be open 1 August – 30 September
Register to the on-line application system already now, and apply INTERACT Transnational Access to conduct research at the coolest places of the North!
Click here for more information regarding this opportunity.
Participants in the Field Tour for the 15th IBFRA Conference held in Krasnoyarsk, Russia, August 2011
- Act as a global window for boreal ecosystem and related research
- Contribute to sustainable development within the boreal ecoregion
- Create a forum for communication and information exchange
- to promote and coordinate fundamental and applied research related to boreal forest ecosystems
- to promote dissemination of research results, transfer of new technology, and new methods
- to further increase the understanding of the role of boreal forests
IBFRA links boreal forest researchers from Canada, Russia, the USA, and Europe for the promotion and coordination of boreal forest research.
The 15th Scientific Conference of IBFRA was held from August 15-21, 2011 in Krasnoyarsk, Russia.
The topic of the conference was: "Boreal Forests in a Changing World: Challenges and Needs for Actions."
At this conference we celebrated the 20th anniversary of IBFRA. The organization was started at a meeting in Ukraine in 1991 and has organized conferences in Canada, China, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Russia and the United States.
Boreal forest students, researchers, managers, and others interested in boreal zone issues participated in the conference with oral and poster presentations relevant to research on:
- Boreal forest resources and their multiple uses
- Global environmental significance of boreal forests
- Natural and human-induced disturbances in boreal forests
- Resilience and productivity of boreal forests under climate change
- Boreal carbon and forest management in a changing world
- Socio-economic problems and governance of boreal forests
15th Scientific Conference of IBFRA Proceedings
15th Scientific Conference of IBFRA Field Excursion and Krasnoyarsk Area History